San Juan County, NM - San Juan County Sheriff’s Office has entered into an agreement with iyeTek, LLC to place traffic accident reports on-line. PayPoliceTicket.com. Accident Report System was selected to serve as our traffic accident insurance and citizen request technology.
What is PayPoliceTicket.com? PayPoliceTicket.com is an Internet-based application that was developed to help law enforcement agencies and insurance companies manage and access traffic accident reports in a more efficient manner. Through the use of “cutting edge” online document management technology, you are now able to rapidly find and view an accident report immediately after being completed by the officer. No more waiting in line or mailing report request forms. Now you can access your reports over the Internet, 24 hours a day!
Like most law enforcement agencies across America, the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office has been pursuing an alternative to the hardcopy reporting, storing, and servicing of report requests. San Juan County Sheriff’s Office concluded that the PayPoliceTicket.com system was the most suitable and secure solution as a local accident repository for insurance and citizen report requests San Juan County Sheriff’s Office wanted a system that was designed to do the following:
- Allow multi-jurisdictional data sharing and searching
- A comprehensive system to facilitate web accessible availability of accident reports for insurance companies, officers and citizens
- Remove the police department from the billing and request fulfillment process
- Provide officers and investigators access to accident information for all agencies on the system.
We are convinced internet viewing and printing will significantly reduce the time spent dealing with insurance agencies and citizens seeking copies of traffic accident reports. Sheriff Ken Christesen noted: “It is our desire to provide a level of expediency to anyone wishing to view and print police reports in the convenience of their home or business, of which has not been available in this area before”. The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office unit files an average of 699 traffic accident reports yearly. Normally each accident report will contain two drivers. This means that 1,012 individuals and or insurance companies could request copies of reports.
Wait times at the Sheriff’s Office Records unit can reach five to ten minutes for visitors wishing to purchase a report copy. This new on-line method will provide an alternative and more expedient method for obtaining the information they need. The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office expects to have the new system online and available to the public by May 1, 2013.
- Reports are available from work or home, 24 hours a day via the internet.
- Saves citizens the hassles of driving to the Sheriff’s Office, finding a place to park, and standing in line.
- Reports are converted to PDF format making them easy to view, save, print and email.
- Finding a report takes only a few seconds.
- Reports are accessible usually within 24 hours of being completed, excluding holidays and weekends.
- Reports cannot be modified, maintaining report integrity.
- Provides clear, high-resolution images of each report for optimal viewing and printing.
PayPoliceTicket provides Law Enforcement Agencies with all the software, and training. PayPoliceTicket.com charges a nominal convenience fee for this service which is added to the cost of the report. Citizens who do not wish to pay the convenience fee can still come to the police station and pay the normal report fee if they wish. Visit www.PayPoliceTicket.com to learn more about PayPoliceTicker.com and its services.