Thank you for your interest in joining the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office Team!
The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office is committed to the selection, development and recognition of talented and motivated individuals. We are a progressive, professional, full service law enforcement agency of 106 certified deputies.
The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office offers its employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA): Mandatory retirement account with employee and employer contribution (vesting after 5 years).
- Annual Vacation: Beginning with 40 hours annually, and increasing with years of service (up to 160 hours annually).
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 1 day per month with unlimited accrued days
- Paid Holidays: Twelve per year including 1 personal day.
- Insurance: Major medical with dependent coverage, life, dental, vision, and fitness center access for employees.
- Deferred Compensation: Available to employees who wish to participate.
- Training Courses: The County offers a wide variety of training classes.
- A fully equipped exercise facility/weight room.
Benefits for Deputy positions include the above list plus…..
- Four day work week.
- Take-home vehicles.
- Opportunities for specialty assignments.
- New Mexico Law Enforcement Officers may retire at 20 years with 70% of their average salary, or at 22 years and 10 months with 80%, regardless of their age.
- Hiring bonus for laterals – $3500 to $6000 depending on qualifications.
- Deputy Sheriff (Entry Level)